Sunday, July 13, 2008

It has begun!


Today was the inaugural trip to The Home Depot to buy supplies to start building the Red Hot Flyer II. It is one of many trips that will happen over the next month and a half. My initial focus is going to be on building the wings. Since the Red Hot Flyer 2 is a Bi-Plane things are going to be a little bit more complicated. I have a general idea of how I am going to build it but it's mostly in my head. I have however, drawn out my airfoil design and am now trying to figure out how I'm going to cut out 70+ ribs so that they are all the same. I also started cutting all the spars for the wings. I think I have a good start even though I didn't get a ton of work done today. The wings should start coming together pretty quickly over the next week or so.

No comments: